Tuesday, October 23, 2007

VOICE FROM AFAR

About twenty years ago, I started a website called "VOICE FROM AFAR".  It was linked across three different web hosts:  Geocities, Tripod, and Free Yellow.  I got the name for the site from the book of JOB.

"Suffer me a little, and I will shew the that I have yet to speak on God's behalf.

I will fetch my knowledge from afar,  and will ascribe righteousness to my Maker."
(JOB 36: 2-3)

It was during a rather tumultuous time in life for me and my family. We had moved out of state and then back trying to get a business going.

While things were "up in the air" for about a year or so, Geocities was bought by Yahoo.  When I got back to working with the website I found I couldn't get to my web page to edit it.  A similar thing happened to the pages hosted by Free Yellow.  They were destined to grow old somewhere in cyberspace.

Yesterday, I decided to search for them.  Guess what?  The ones hosted by Tripod are still there, growing older by the day.  I still cannot access any pages formerly hosted by Geocities, or Free Yellow, but the ones on Tripod are reachable.  However, I cannot edit them either.  

If you would be interested in seeing where my head was at about 10 years ago, you can access a smattering of links by clicking here:  VOICE FROM AFAR. Maybe you can catch up with it as it wanders silently alone, and unmaintained, somewhere in cyberspace.

Ken Rockwell




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amazing, there is a lot of info on your site. I'm
an associate writer and just wondering about how long the study
took you?

My blog post ... e liquid